CHIME

2002 Mazda b3000 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

Mazda b3000 2002, I have a chime noise from under the dash. It is different than the key in ignition and the door is open. It also seems to be from a ditterent location. What should I be looking for
Jw001

Any indicators showing on dash?

No. And the chime lasts for about 1-2 min. Then stops. A friend said it was coing from the Generic Electrical Module. GEM. Not sure, nor am not sure why?

Jw001
Does the air bag indicator light comes on when ignition is turned on?

There are a few warning chimes present and if any comes on, it means a fault has been detected and you need to have it checked.

No, the airbag light does not come on. Also when I press the cruise control button to turn it on. The light on the dash does not come on. I do not know if the cruise control works I have never tried it. Could the cruise control cause this problem?

Jw001
No, the cruise control would not cause it but a blown fuse somewhere might.

Have all the fuses checked.

Checked all the fuses and none are blown. Also checked for computer codes and nothing comes up. Any other ideas?

Jw001
Since fuses are good, you need to start checking for power supply.

Disconnect the cruise control switch and used a test lamp to check for presence of battery voltage at one of the terminals with ignition switch turned on.

I will try to get the wiring diagrams later as I will be away from my pc till much later.

Attached are schematics for the cruise control.

Try testing the cruise control switch continuity first.