LAND ROVER FREELANDER FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2002 Land Rover Freelander • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 126,600 miles

Hello, I have a 2002 Land Rover Freelander. Sometimes it will start, sometimes it will not, but the starter sounds fine. I may try to start the car now and it will start with no problem, I will drive to my destination, and turn it off. It can be 2min, 15 min, 2 hours, 8 hours or the next day before I try to start my car again, and it might not turn on and I have to keep trying to start it various times and it can take 5-20 minutes before it is on and ready to run. Again the starter sounds like it is working fine so I think it is something else. The lights and radio work fine so I know it is not an electric problem. Can you please tell me what it might be?
Isomeris1

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing