STARTER WONT TURN OVER

2002 Kia Rio • 12,500 miles

I've got a 2002 Kia Rio that will not start. It started as an intermittent problem: when the key was turned to the "on" position the lights, radio, etc would all come on, but when you would try to start it nothing would happen. After a few weeks of this on and off, now it won't start at all. I've replaced the ignition switch & the starter, and the battery is good. What could it be?
Cbond330

Check and test the starter relay and transmission range switch

I'm sending a schematic and check the two fuses I have marked with arrows. Also check to make sure power is going through the neutral switch if an automatic or clutch switch if a stick.

How can I make sure that power is going through the neutral safety switch?

Cbond330
A test light or volt meter, you will need a helper to try to crank the car while tesing for going in and out

It's a rotary-style switch, so can I just use a test light ont the prongs of the plug that plug into the switch?

Cbond330
Yes but if you disconnect the switch you will have to jump to the other wire or leave it plugged in an djust hit teh prongs on teh switch with the test light.

Because its a rotary switch, I can't simply unplug it from the tranny and touch the prongs

Cbond330
Then probe the wires you have a schematic. If you dont 'know how to do this then have a pro check it out.