JEEP WRANGLER SPARK PROBLEM

2002 Jeep Wrangler • 121,000 miles

Code reads no apart #1 cyl. What will fix it ihave replaced coil pk and spark plugs

Have you checked to make sure you are getting good spark to that cylinder? Have you checked compression in that cylinder?

If the code was po301, did you visually check for spark at the spark plugs? Also, check fuel injector. To check for spark, where applicable, you pull a spark plug wire loose, use a spark tester in the plug boot, adjust the gap on the tester, ground tester to metal part of engine. Have helper crank the engine, watch for spark at the tester gap. Your local autostore has spark testers. You can use a known good spark plug for the tester, break the ground electrode off, the spark should be strong enough to jump the gap.

Any driveability issues or just a code?

Hey jacobandnickolas, I finally got over 10,000 posts. Didn't think I would live long enough to get there. Took me long enough. The site ought to give me an, "ataboy" or something. Lol

Have a good day

Congrats JDL. Next stop 100K.

Ill never catch you or ras.

You never know. I will be out again for surgery later this year. That is your chance. Lol I have been trying to catch raz for a couple years.

I wish you luck with your health issues.

Jack

Thanks, Jack