REPLACED BATTERY AND BATTERY CABLES AND CAR WONT TURN OVER. I HAVE POWER. THE FLASHERS COME ON FOR ABOUT 20 SECONDS AND THEN GO OFF AND THEN COME ON

2002 Hyundai Sonata • 101,000 miles

Why isn't the engine turning over?
Bulldogrick

So what lead up to replacing the battery and cables?The problem your having now?Do you have a manual transmission or automatic one?

I have a automatic and the events leading up to the problems were that it wouldn't start up the other morning and the connections to the battery looked bad but I charged the battery and replaced cables from local auto store and it started right up. Then this morning it was dead so I took the battery in and had it checked and it needed replacing, so I replaced it and now it won't turn over.

Bulldogrick
So the battery is fully charged and there is no click from the starter nothing?Also do you have a multimeter?Any security light on or flashing?

I dont have a multimeter. The hazard lights are flashing in 20 second intervals. And no click from the starter

Bulldogrick
It almost sounds like the anti theft is kicking in. Does everything else work radio wipers blower fan head lights etc?A multimeter really would help to track down the problem.

Everything works but the motor wont crank. Should I use the remote to unlock and try starting

Bulldogrick
YOUR THE BEST! THANKS! REMOTE WORKED, CAR STARTED RIGHT UP! KUDOS TO YOU. THANKS SO MUCH. WILL USE YOUR SITE AGAIN!

Bulldogrick
Glad to hear it was something simple please tell all your friends about us.

WITHOUT A DOUBT! You guys are on my faorite list and I just posted a message on Facebook! Thanks again!

Bulldogrick
Your welcome glad to hear we made your favorite list. Also thanks a lot for the donation.

Page 1 of 2