FORD TAURUS EMISSIONS PROBLEM

2002 Ford Taurus • 181,200 miles

I installed a new Idle Air Control valve on my car thinking I needed it to pass inspection. Before installing this part everything on the previous days inspection passed except for the egr, & evap system, which I got a "not completed" result for both. After installation of the IAC valve, the car idled very high at times then it would come back to normal idle. When it idled high, it could reach about 35 mph from a complete stop without me pressing the gas pedal!

Now, the heat doesn't work, I have misfire trouble codes, and the engine light is on. Oh, I just had a tune-up 2 days prior.

My question, can I hold the manufacturer liable for needed repairs that this part no doubt caused (I'm guessing from being stuck based on my research), or am I just screwed because I installed this part not knowing if I needed it or not. I'm not a mechanic, but I don't see why installing a new part whether it's needed or not should cause my car so much harm.
Any suggestions please.

Sylvester Smith

The iac did not cause the issue as it has nothing to do with your emissions failure.

You have other issues that need to be checked like the long term trims.

The manufacturer would not here of anything on an 11 year old car on a part you diaged that did not fix your issue