DODGE DAKOTA ENGINE PROBLEM

2002 Dodge Dakota • 980,000 miles

2002 dodge dakota 4.7 on the right side of throttle body is the air idle control and the mass air flow correct? If so where is the throttle position sensoris in in front of throttle body down low? Cause ther is a plug there with two screws that looks like one of the other sesors or is it the one that I think is the mass air flow cause they showed me a picture of the tps and it looks just likethe mass air flow when u take it off it has a pink inner with 2 little edges in it do you have a picture of where these r located
Mustangxxx

Chrysler never used a mass air flow sensor. They are the only manufacturer that has been able to make their engines run right without one. You're seeing the MAP sensor plugged into the side of the throttle body. Here's a photo of the throttle position sensor from rockauto. Com.

The truck keeps stalling and wont start right away sometimes

' just latley the idle seemed to flucuate and drop a little causing it to stall could this be the throttel position sesor or the air idle control?

Mustangxxx
The TPS will cause a hesitation or stumble during acceleration but it will also set a diagnostic fault code.

Sounds like the battery might have been disconnected or run dead recently. If so, the Engine Computer lost its memory and has to relearn "minimum throttle" before it will know when it must be in control of idle speed. It also might not give you the normal "idle flare-up" to 1500 rpm when you start the engine. To meet the conditions for the relearn to take place, drive at highway speed with the engine warmed up, then coast for at least seven seconds without touching the brake or gas pedals.