WATERPUMP REMOVEAL QUESTION

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 12,300 miles

Hi I am checking to see what needs to be taken off in order to replace my waterpump on my trailblazer, meaning besides the shroud what else needs to be taken off, the hood latch, front of grill etc doesnt need to be taken off does it as we r trying to take off the shroud but it is a tight fits Please help Thanks
Debbie64

Also if there is a diagram some place to look at this would be so helpful Thanks not a mechanic as u can tell just trying to get my vehical going again Thanks Again

Debbie64
What motor?

Fixitmr
Here's basic rundown. Disconnect battery, drain coolant, remove fan shroud, fan clutch, and water pump pulley. Remove water pump, clean mating surface on block. Apply RTV sealant to both sides of new gasket, install water pump and torque bolts to proper torque, install pump pulley and torque to proper setting. Remainder of procedure is reverse of removal.

Fixitmr