SQUEAKING NOISE WHEN ACCELERATING

2002 Audi TT • 60,000 miles

I have just bought an Audi TT 1.8, 60,000 miles 2002, when the engine has warmed up there is squeaking noise when accelerating, the dealer says he cannot find a problem, please help!

when the engine has warmed up there and you accelerate there is a squealing noise, as soon as you tak your foot off the accelerator it stops even whilst still moving. The dealer I bought it from say.S he has checked it and cant see anything I suspect he has not checked it that thoroughly, as he admits the noise is still there

Please can you offer any help
Lynn Campbell

Its sounds like a serpentine belt tensioner is weak, but this kind of noise is very hard to diagnose due to not being able to hear it. Best bet is to take it to an independent shop and let them give it a go as to wha the noise is. I may be nothing or it could be brakes worn out especially if when the noise stops you are applying the brakes.

Thank you, the squaling/hissing noise is only audiable when accelerating and when the car has warmed up. No sqealing/hissing when brakin or when over bumps when foot is off the accerater, regardless of speed.

Lynn Campbell