I HAVE JUST BOUGHT AN 1.8, 60,000 MILES , WHEN THE ENGINE HAS WARMED UP THERE IS SQUEAKING NOISE WHEN ACCELERATING, THE DEALER SAYS HE CANNOT FIND A PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!

2002 Audi TT • 60,000 miles

When the engine has warmed up there and you accelerate there is a squaling noise, as soon as you tak your foot off the accerater it stops even whilst still moving. The dealer I bougth it from say.S he has checked it and cant see anything I suspect he has not checked it that throughly, as he admits the noise is still there

Please can you offer any help
Lynn Campbell

This kind of noise is very hard to diagnose due to not being able to hear it. Best bet is to take it to an independent shop and let them give it a go as to wha the noise is. I may be nothing or it could be brakes worn out especially if when the noise stops you are applying the brakes.

Thank you, the squaling/hissing noise is only audiable when accelerating and when the car has warmed up. No sqealing/hissing when brakin or when over bumps when foot is off the accerater, regardless of speed.

Lynn Campbell
Then have an independent shop look at this for noise. Mke sure the car is warm when you take it in, most will look at it right away or as soon as they can do to it only happening when warm.