LOW AIR FLOW IN AC/HEATER

2002 Acura TL • 160,000 miles

I have verified that the cabin air filters are both clean (like new). With the filter removed, I started the car and turned on the air and felt inside where the filters go, there was no air flow there either. There is little air flow from any of the vents from the floor to the windshield defogger. There is no difference whether the system is sent to Fresh or Recirculate. The AC pump works and the heater core works, the air is either cold or hot depending on the setting there is just so little air flow that it can barely be felt. I cannot tell if this is new or not since I just bought the car. Is there something that could be preventing the vents from opening and closing when certain settings are set that isn't working. If so, how is it fixed/where should I start looking? Do the vent 'flaps' get controlled electrically or via vacuum? The car does have a title brand stating that it was totalled and reconstructed, it's possible that the 'accident' caused some damage somewhere that wasn't fixed. I can hear that the fan does come on and at different speeds depending on how much of a difference there is in the temp setting and the temp of the car and the speeds sound normal.

Emerden

IS THE FAN BLOWING. CAN YOU HEAR IT. EVEN HEAR DIFFERENT SPEEDS?

The second to the last sentence says that I can hear the fan running and at different speeds depending on the needs of the temperature setting.

Emerden
I GRABBED YOU SOME DIAGRAMS

LOOKS LIKE ALL OF THIS IS ELECTRIC. NOT VACUUM

I GRABBED 2 TROUBLE SHOOTING CHARTS.I DID NOT KNOW WHETHER YOU ARE "S" OR NOT--AS WAS YOUR VEHICLE NOMENCLATURE "TL" HAD 2 CHOICES AT THE START OF MITCHELL 1--- I GRABBED BOTH TROUBLE SHOOTING DIAGRAMS

THERE ARE OVER 100 DIAGRAMS TO TROUBLE SHOOT YOUR WHOLE SYSTEM, NOT TO MENTION HOW MUCH WRITING WENT ALONG WITH ALL OF IT

I LOOKED OVER MANY OF THE DIAGRAMS, THERE WERE 3 MOTORS.I GRABBED THE DIAGRAM OF THE MOTOR THAT SEEMED TO CONTROL THE DOOR

1) TROUBLESHOOTING "S"

2) EXCEPT "S"

3) INTERIOR UNIT

4) REMOVING THE AIR MIX MOTOR

I HOPE IT'S SOMETHING EZ LIKE A FUSE AS I SAW IN TROUBLE SHOOTING

LET ME KNOW IF YOU CANNOT READ THESE DIAGRAMS

This is the type-S model.
I checked the #3 fuse, it is fine, if I remove it, the entire system does not turn on.

Again, the system turns on, the temp is controllable but the amount of air coming out of any of the vents is almost nil.

Are you saying that the air mix motor inside the dash is either faulty or not getting power? Do you know how to get to this motor? Does the entire dash need to be removed or just the center section? Does the dealer need to be the ones to replace this part?

TIA

Emerden
THE MOTOR I DIAGRAM I SENT YOU LOOKS "TO ME", IN THE DIAGRAMS TO BE THE ONE THAT CONTROLS THE AIR MOVEMENT IN THE BOX.....I HAVE NO HANDS ON, WITH YOUR CAR

A REAL REPAIR MANUAL WOULD REALLY AID YOU IF YOU WERE GONNA DIY THIS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

I DID A LITTLE SEARCHING FOR YOUR PROBLEM ON "YOU TUBE", I LINK A GOOD MANY PEOPLE TO REPAIRS SHOWN ON THERE THAT I "AGREE" WITH THEIR PROCEDURES. SORTA A GOOD SOURCE FOR "MONKEY SEE-MONKEY DO WAY TO EXPLAIN STUFF. I MADE 3 DIFFERENT SEARCHES IN THERE FOR YOU AND CAME UP WITH NOTHING USABLE IN 20 MINUTES OF SEARCHING.......SOMETIMES "JUST THE RIGHT WORD COMBINATIONS" WILL THROW YOU INTO SOME GOOD INFO---YOU MIGHT GIVE IT A TRY, TRY MANY WORD COMBOS--HVAC/ BLEND DOORS/ ACURA/ HOW TO/ REPAIR/ FIX/ ETC

I HATE "PAY SHOPS" MANY OF THESE GUYS REALLY OVERCHARGE, THE STEALERSHIPS ARE THE WORST (JUST MY OPINIONS).......THERE ARE GOOD, DECENT, ONES WHO REALLY CARE......THESE ARE THE GUYS I WOULD TARGET!

READ THE INFO I GAVE IN THIS LINK, IT SHOULD WORK NATION WIDE

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-hyundai-elantra-code-reader-such-one-auto-zone-advanced-diagnose-problem-tha

KEEP ME INFORMED---I HOPE MY SUGGESTIONS HELP

I found this diagram, it shows 2 different motor assemblies. Can you say for sure that is would be the Mode motor assy or the Air Mix motor assy or could it be both? I cannot seem to send the file so I will send a link to the site.
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/acura/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=TL&catcgry2=2002&catcgry3=4DR+TYPE-S&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=HEATER+UNIT&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&systemcomp=Electrical/Exhaust/Heater/Fuel&vinnoT=&trim=&trans=&view=normal

Emerden
I have visually verified that the mode and air mix motors are working properly. I have very little air flow coming out of any of the vents. As stated above, I cannot feel air flow where the cabin air fiters go either. Is there a place where there could be a physical blockage with the air flow before the air gets to the air filter area?

Emerden