DISEAL WONT CRANK BUT TURNS OVER PUT FUEL IN IT AND NOW CRANKS BUT ONLY TOOK 5 GALLONS IN A 14 GALLON TANK

2001 Volkswagen Beetle • 159,000 miles

I drove my car sunday with no problem when to leave work and cranked the car and it wont crank. I put fuel in the tank and after a few tries it cranked up. So I figured I ran out of gas but when I went to the fuel station it only took five gallons in a 14 gallon tank. What happened?
01vwdisealbettle

I am giving you a diagnostic walk through for your situation. Just follow the link below;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

A sticking flap in the intake can cause a no start. If this is the case the intake will need to be removed and sent to a machining shop, they soak them and then sand blast them so the look new when they're done. It important to have them cleaned in this manner because any carbon can fall into the cylinder and can bend valves.

Vwscott
Also from experience I can't say enough about vdubs diesel fuel additive. Should be ran all year 'round. Diesel fuel is dirty and the urothane/ fungus buildup can be contained with use. It also lubes the internal parts of the pump. Avoid truck stop additives, you aint driving a truck.

Vwscott
Diesel fuel is also very succeptible to water which it collects quickly in humid or rainy and warm areas or climates.
You can use Dry Gas for this but make sure it is safe on diesels. The advice above is good as well.