WHAT CAUSES MY CAR TO, WHEN IT REACHES 25 MPH AND 40 MPH, RESPECTIVELY, TO JERK AND ALSO THE RPM IS HIGH?

2001 Saturn SL2 • 105,000 miles

My car labor before it reaches 25mph, is at very high rpm and then it jerks, rpm goes dowm a bit jerk again when it reaches 40 mph and rpm is high again.
Estelle Massiah

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs -start here

Just to add to this one does it only jerk when shifting or while acellerating?Any codes in the computer?

Thanks for your prompt response. Only when shifting and accellerating.

Estelle Massiah
So does it feel like the transmission is slipping?Or the engine is cutting out?If the engine is cutting out I would check the spark plug wires first also the spark plugs. Make sure there isnt platnuim plugs in the engine. They carbon foul in those engines you want stock copper plugs I recomend the ngks like it came with. Also any codes in the computer?Have you checked for codes?Also is the jerking worse with the a/c on if the a/c works?