ENGINE

2001 Saturn L300 • 210 miles

Vehicle had been running approx 20 mins. - Engine died in idle. Would not immediately re-start. After approx. 30 - 45 mins, the motor re-started and died again after approx 20 mins. Have disconnected the battery to reset the computer, seems to have worked. Any idea what may have caused this?
Matt haselden

Sounds more like you have a bad crank shaft position sensor its failing and when it reaches a certain temp ten fails till it cools down then works again. I replaced a ton of them on those cars. Any codes in the computer?

I had went to Autozone and they ran a diagnostic - it showed the transmission relay switch wasnt reading the pressure level. Is this the same as the crank shaft position sensor?

Matt haselden
No its not the same what was the exact code number it will be a letter followed by a four digit number? That would really help me help you.