WHY WON'T MY CAR START WHEN BEING JUMPED?

2001 Saturn L300 • 17,400 miles

My car's battery went dead. (So I think). I hit my after market CD player in my car a couple times to get my CD out. Its old. But anyways the CD popped out and several minutes later I went to start my car and it turned over a tiny bit then all my lights went out like my battery was dead. The next morning I had someone come try to jump start it and lights come on and it turns over but wont catch and fire. I asked a few people if they had any ideas and I was told possibly my fuel pump. I checked and it works. Then I was thinkin about when my moms car would not start and the security kicked on when they replaced her heads. I can't figure it out. Have had this car 2 years an never had this problem. Would anyone have any possible idea and or way to figure out what's wrong and how to fix it? Please and Thank you!

BigLoomis
BigLoomis

The first thing I would do is have the battery charged and tested. Make sure the battery cables are clean an tight?Also have you checked for codes in the computer?Is your security light on solid or flashing?

I honestly didn't check the light. It didn't cross my mind until a little bit ago an the car is a few miles away. I don't know if this helps but when u was trying to turn it over the security light does light up. Don't think to look when just the key turned to on. With the battery the cables are tight and cleaned. It was done a couple weeks ago an I double checked the cables when I hooked up jumper cables. The battery came with the car 2 years ago but the dealership said it was only a few months old. I wont be able to get it tested tell tomorrow.

BigLoomis
Need to know if there are any codes an if the security light is on.

Alright. I will go check the light situation shortly but can't run test for codes tell morning. I also appreciate the quick responses. I will post another message with the light status when I get there.

BigLoomis
Cool I think I may have answered one of your questions before.

I got to my car and hooked jumper cables up to it and let it sit for a little bit. Turned key and didn't even turn over. My dash lights, the typical ones that come on when key is in on position are not coming on. Door lights dome lights and running lights do. What the heck could be going on?

BigLoomis
I would check all the fuses you could have a blown one since the dash lights arent on.