SAAB 9-5 BATTERY PROBLEM

2001 SAAB 9-5 • 147,651 miles

I replaced battery had sensors reset and the dealership said everything was ok, got home parked it next morning it wouldn't cranck what's up with that?
MichelleG1977

Why were the sensors re set? Does not make sense.

Why was the battery replaced? Did you have this issue prior to the repair?

I was hit by a semi he just rolled back and hit the front enough to push my car back a foot, well sids and sensor lights started comeing on and off well it hadn't happened before then We got to end of drveway and it just shut down the next morning I jumped it off it got me to saab shop they hooked it ip and said sensors needed to be reset and my battery wad saying it was dead so I got another one. It stared right up then I got home next morn. It wouldn't start and can't jump it off wt.

MichelleG1977
You have some other issues. You need to have the alternator checked to see if that is working correctly.

As far as the sensors, which still makes no sense, if they can retrieve codes for us, that would help

Code C0551 ABS/TCS Module not programmed due to low voltage no other faults were found so they cleared codes and programmed module $475.00

MichelleG1977
Ouch, lot of money for that.

Yea, anyways whatcha think the prob. Maybe if it was the alternator wouldn't the new battery be dead cause it has lots of power from thr battery and the starter is turning over it not crancking tho wtflizle I am frustrated about it

MichelleG1977
Ok, the battery is good, then you may have a starter motor issue. I dont understand why all this happened from this event. It should not have effected this system.

You will need to have them check the starter for power when you turn the key to start,

the 551 is a program code but still puzzled about why it lost the programming to start with.

O well, I hate to say it but another trip to the dealer