PROBLEMS WITH ABS

2001 Rover 45 • 96,000 miles

I have an intermittent noise just like a distant pnumatic drill in my rover 45 when driving. It seems to be coming from directly in front of the driver and stops when I touch the brakes. Sometimes the abs also kicks the brake pedal back up forcefully and these two things seem to be linked. Any advise please?
Janeginn

Is the ABS indicator showing. Seems like the ABS modulator is kicking in too often and you need to test the modulator.

Hi, No the abs light isnt on at all. Thanks for the reply.

Janeginn
The noise should be the modulator pump running. Such problems are caused by a pressure leak internally resulting in pressure loss and the pump needs to kick in to maintain pressure.

It would fail sooner or later and there is nothing to do about it except to replace it.

Thanks for your help

Janeginn
You're welcome.

Hi

I have the same exact car and problem, was you able to sort the problem? If so could you tell me what it was please? So I can get mine fixed?

Tom

Turke