AUTO LIGHT

2001 Renault Scenic • V12 2WD Automatic • 90,000 miles

I have a scenic megane 2001 1600cc auto the auto light keeps coming on and a thud from the gearbox stop car restart and it will happen again at some point
Brian Lambert

Such problems could be due to a sensor, shift solenoid or PCM fault.

You would need a scan tool to retrieve the trouble code to understand what is at fault causing the problem.

What is the PCM

Brian Lambert
PCM = Power Control Module, ie the engine computer.

Thank you very much for your help

Brian Lambert
You're welcome.

Our database does not have any information on your vehicle so our assistance would be limited. However if you require further assistance, just post reply here and I will see what I can come up with.

Have a nice day.

Thankks for ytour help I had a diagnostic test at a renault garage and it turned out to be the spark plugs

Brian Lambert
Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.

Stil waiting for a reply to the problem with the light on the dashboard next to the ABS staying on it is the shape of a fish is the best way of describing it thank you

Brian Lambert
Do you know where I can obtain one of the drivers handbooks not Haynes manual. The one I have is all in french

Brian Lambert
Sorry I am not able to help on getting the owner's manual.

I tried googling and came up with a few sites but none of them seems to be downloadable though it says free pdf files.

I can't seem to be able to comprehend/visualise the symbol you are refering to.

Page 1 of 2