OIL LEAK NEAR PAN IN

2001 Nissan Xterra • 110,000 miles

I have a 2001 Nissan Xterra with a 3.3L engine. It has an oil leak near the oil pan. Is the work on this extensive or expensive? I personally think its the gasket, but if its not expensive I would take it to a pro.
CAB712

An inexpensive pro? HAHA! What do you consider expensive? Do you pic of leak?

Fixitmr
Yes I guess inexpensive pro is an oxy***** haha. I am at college at the moment and do not have a picture. I drove the vehicle for 3 hours tom get home from the place I bought it the it was originally like a quarter sized drip the day I bought it and I parked it in the garage this weekend to come to find about a 1ft round puddle directly under the oil pan. If the work doesnt involve removing the tranny and what not my father and I can most likely do it I just don't know enough about the vehicle to dive in. Apparently I should of known more about the slimey salesman too.

CAB712
See text for removal.

Mhpautos
Hopefuly it is not a rear main seal leak! You need to actually locate it. Leaks can run down from higher places too.

Fixitmr
The oil pressure switch is prone to leaks and if that is the case, that would be the cheapest fix. Apart from that, most other repairs are not going to be cheap.