WHY IS CAR CHOKING WHEN ACCELORATING? HAS HAD SMIMIALR ISSUE AND HAD AIR FILTER CHANGED BUT IT BARELY ACCELORATES NOW.

2001 Mazda Premacy • 100,000 miles

Auto 2000cc

Used to only do it in 3rd gears but gradually got worse an worse on a long trip I barely made it home its choking liek power comes in and out and now it barely goes properly.
Stellar

Possible fuel supply/pressure problem?

Fixitmr
Remove the 02 sensor testdrive does the performance returns. Start with what fixitmr said first

Cadieman
Hi I ran it again tonight and its smoking as bad as ever I checked the pistons and there was oil on the top again I checked the compretion and its over 200 psi

Vinnyparry
Sounds like a valve stem seals. How many cylinders show oil?

Cadieman
Oil on all 4 cylinders the first head a changed all the stem seals it still smoked

Vinnyparry
If my oil control ring, s were knackerd would that explain oil on top of the pistons

Vinnyparry
Are the plugs fouled and misfiring? What's the history on this problem? Seems like low mileage for ring failure unless you are not original owner and it was mistreated?

Fixitmr
Hi the history is this I bought the car with some smoke on start up then it would clear my first thought was stem seals so I replaced all seals and gaskets +stem seals the smoking got worse so I did the same again still smoking so I changed the head, the vales were dry when I put the new head on and yet again it smoked please help its driving me mad cheers mate. Vinny

Vinnyparry
Since cylinder head has been done and redone a few times, guess you would have to look at the oil rings.
When replacing the head, was the intake manifolds soaked with oil?

Btw oil in the exhaust system takes some running time to clear and it could be up to a few hours of running.

Inlet was wet so I disconnected the pcv so it could not draw oil in that way but it still smoked I have ran it the first time it cleared but the second time it did not but between me running the engine I changed the oil but just made it worse

Vinnyparry
Page 1 of 3