AIR CONDITIONING SHOWS GOOD CHARGE READING,COMPRESSOR RUNNING AS SHOULD,BUT BLOWING CONSTENT HOT AIR,ANY IDEA'S FOR A BACK YARD MECHANIC? THANKS

2001 Lincoln Continental • 140,000 miles

2001 Lincoln air conditioning charge level shows good, compressor kicking on as should, however it is blowing hot air, any idea's for a back yard mechanic? Makes no difference on temp control setting. Thanks
Bud.812

Check the actuators in your heater, they control air temp as well as direction. The temp one may be stuck or not working. It can be vacuum or electric. I'll send a generic pic along

I had this happen to me. 2002 Linc Cont: Try to raise the temperature to max (90) as if turner on the heater. This actuates the something, something. Lower the temp back to cool the car; the a/c should work if system is charged. This has happened a couple times to me - it corrected the problem. Good Luck. Jack

Jackcain
When you move the vent selector does it change where the air comes from? When you move either of the selectors, can you hear parts moving inside the airbox?

Rivermikerat