MY FAILED TO START

2001 Isuzu Trooper • 128,000 miles

2001 Isuzu Trooper mileage 128,000 My Trooper failed to start today after driving regularly. I think it may have slipped time. When trying to start it popped and ran for a couple of seconds very roughly then died. Now it will not make any sound as if trying to start. While turning the engine over, I took the oil filler cap off while putting my hand over the opening. It was blowing quite a bit. I think I have heard that is a symptom. What do you think? I went back into town to retrieve the Trooper this AM and it started right up. I drove nine miles home and it started sputtering and died in the driveway. It will not start now. I took the fuel line off above the injector and the line had lots of pressure. I cranked with the line off but no fuel came out. Any thoughts?
2CarPros-Archives

Perform a compression check on the engine. If all four cylinders are low (below 100) the timing belt has probably failed. Check for spark at the spark plugs. If spark is present at the plugs, check for 12 volts at the fuel pump. Scan computer with an engine scanner and check for trouble codes.

2CarPros-Archives