PROBLEMS

2001 Isuzu Rodeo • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 109,000 miles

I have a 2001 isuzu rodeo. Most of the time the car drives great. At random times (like this morning) though the check engine light comes on. Other times the check engine light flashes, only when I push the gas though. Also when it is flashing the car wont accelerate and im just basically coasting. I hear a pooping noise during this time and then randomly the car will surge and take off like it was driving normal the whole time. Please help!
Chhsballer22@aol.com

Popping noise **** sorry lol

Look here go to Autozone and get the computer scanned for freebie and get back with the code/s and we'll take it from here okay with you-let me know

Where do you hear this popping noise upfront or on the back

Hay I really appreciate you taking time to answer. Luckily I have already gotten the codes. So here goes there were a pretty good amount. P0401, P1404, P0403, P0171, P0172, P0174, P0175, P0300, P0101. That is a lot of codes and scared me the car isn't driving that bad fur that many things to be wrong. It's just real bad occasionally. I've took it to people but of course it doesn't do it wen they drive it. The most common things I have been told are EGR (I've got someone to clean it), vacuum hoses (have had checked for leaks and didn't find one. Mass air flow (sprayed the MAF cleaner in it) nome of this helped. So knowin nothing about cara myself I don't have a clue. I don't want to just by stuff that won't fix it. I'm young and workin at a sub shop and just started college can't really afford to fix things that aren't broke. I've also been told by someone that their vehicle did the exact sane thing as far as loss of power and popping noise and it was the catalytic converter. Is this a possibility? I'm thinkin bout changing it. And by the way the popping noise is in the front. Again thanks man

Could be caused by one of the following below: 1. Vacuum leaks
2. EGR and PCV valve.
3. Low fuel pressure.
4. Dirty fuel injectors.
5. Mass Air Flow Sensor.
6. Oxygen Sensor.