WHEN I FIRST START MY CAR IT MAKES A WHINING SOUND, KIND OF HIGH-PITCHED LIKE THE WIND SOUNDS WHEN IT BLOWS.

2001 Isuzu Rodeo • 138,500 miles

It's kind of a screeching sound, though not that loud. My check engine light is always on, even though I had the sensor changed ( I forget the name but it's the one that has to do with the fuel/oxygen ratio ), so I have no way to determine if it is an engine problem. No other lights come on though, my oil level is fine, and the car is not running warm. Once it warms-up the sound goes away. Could it be a belt?
Susan Treiber

You should go and have the truck scanned for trouble codes either way since the check engine light is on.

If it sounds like a loud air sucking/wind sound coming from the air intake assembly at start up ; recommend replacing air filter, mass air flow sensor, throttle postion sensor. Also claen throttle plates.

Paulhenry
What would doing the air filter replace ment do? If the seal is bad and maybe air is making it around the seal it might make noie. Otherwise I do not see any reason to replace it, maybe inspect it.
If it just got worked on and had the O2 sensor replaced and is throwing a code, there is probably a vacuum leak somewhere. Certinaly not a reason to go and spenad a bunch of money. Trouble codes need to be looked at and then cleared if it is a lean/rich code, then there is more than likely a vacuum leak casuing the problem and the sound. Both things that can be fixed without spending any money.
Just take things one at a time.