WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES OF CALIBRATING CVT CLUTCH?

2001 Honda Civic

I would like to know how to calibrate cvt clutch on a civic es8.
Do I have to reset the ecu first or I can just do it directly? Please let me know how to calibrate my civic.
Kenahc

Calibrate the clutch? The clutch is hydraulic. The system just need to have all air bled out of it. There is nothing electronic in the clutch.

Wrenchtech
Why would you want to calibrate it?

Did you replace the transmission or is it giving you any problems?

Well I saw on some forums that the cvt clutch needs calibration if battery is replaced and ecu is reset.

Kenahc
Start Clutch Calibration Procedures

When the following the parts are replaced, the PCM must memorize the feedback signal for the start clutch control.

PCM
Transmission assembly
Lower valve body assembly
Engine assembly replacement or overhaul

Start the engine, and warm up to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).
Shift to the D position.
Drive the vehicle on a flat road.
Accelerate to the speed 37 mph (60 km/h), then release the accelerator and decelerate for 5 seconds. Do not press the brake pedal to decelerate. The start clutch feedback control signal have been memorized in the PCM.
Test-drive the vehicle and check the engine does not stall and the vehicle can start off smoothly.
If the engine stalls or any shifting failure occurs at starting off, re-calibrate the start clutch feedback control signal.

Wrenchtech
Replacing the battery does not require the calibration.

But apparently when the battery is being replaced, the ecu is reset, so the cvt clutch will need recalibration. Someone told me that a few days ago.

Kenahc
The cvt clutch calibration is programmed into the module therefore it is not affected by disconnecting the battery.

Hi,

I think that when car speed is Zero and Brake is stepped down then CVT Clutch shall be released and Vehicle shall be in rest. When Brake will be released clutch will engage the CVT into the system.

What you say.

Imraniqbal