POSSIBLE AXLE NOISE

2001 Honda Civic • 212,000 miles

I have a 2001 civic lx 5 speed and we just replaced the throwout bearing clutch pilot bearing. When we started car there was no noise when we put axles in the car makes a grinding noise when clutch pedal is let out but stops when clutch is pushed in when we had tranny out we inspected input bearing and there was no visual signs of a bad throwout bearing could a axle do this
Luvnhondas

Ya an axle shaft or the transmission input bearing or anyother bearing in the trans. Look for a torn boot on axles, if there area any then replace the axle

I meant there was no sign of a bad input shaft bearing so if there is no rip in boot then do I rule out the axles?

Luvnhondas
No you'll have to try to see which side it's coming from and if it does it while brakeing etc. It may bea wheel bearing as well.

But would a clutch being pushed in make the noise stop or does that deal with strictly transmission

Luvnhondas
Then it 's eitehr a clutch problem or tranny problem. If you let teh tranny hangon the clutch while you installed you could have bent the disc
or damaged the tranny