FORD TAURUS ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Ford Taurus • 155,000 miles

Chk engine lite on for last month just today it started blinkin an went bk to solid, when I stop at times the car almost feels as losin power an it feels like its jumping
Tricia73

The Engine Computer detected a problem, set a diagnostic fault code, and turned the Check Engine light on to tell you. By ignoring it the problem became much more serious, hence the flashing light. That means stop the engine immediately because way too much unburned fuel is going into the exhaust system and will overheat the catalytic converter. That will turn expensive real fast. A loss of power will be accompanied by a loss of fuel mileage. Your mechanic will start by reading the codes. They will indicate the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis.

Okay other thing when got car I put in had all diagnostics done 2000.00 later al electrical was redone, brakes, calipers, etc. Now I was also told possible my filter was dirty which may be causing. Recently I had front end allighnment an tyrods replaced. All 4 tires are shot in process of replacing now someone also said that there could send car off. What are ur other possible thoughts.

Tricia73
Don't know what you're asking. You need to have the diagnostic fault codes read to find out why the Check Engine light is on. As for "jumping", that could be a misfire in the engine related to the Check engine light. It could be warped brake rotors causing a pulsing brake pedal. It could be an alignment problem related to bad tire wear. There could be a broken belt in a tire. Ford has way more problems with steering and suspension parts separating leading to loss of control and crashes than any other manufacturer. Those systems should be inspected at a tire and alignment shop at least once a year. Ford also builds a lot of their cars with no alignment adjustments for one of the critical angles. They don't care about tire wear after you buy the car. Your alignment mechanic will do the best he can but there is little he can do to solve tire wear problems.