CHECK ENGINE

2001 Ford Focus • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 125,000 miles

Just recently got a check engine light, I then proceded to have it shut off, not till recently did I notice that my car was having problems with acceleration and idoling, so when I took it to the mechanic he said there was nothing he could do about it until the chech engine light came back on. So is there a way that I can get my check engine light to come back on quicker, or do I have to drive my car until it comes back on, and normally how long does it take for it to come back on again?
Bp14Baller

Yes, don't be so quick to delete all the information that factory worked have to put there for the tech. Nothing you can do now but just drive it until it messes up.

Wrenchtech
Alright thanks do you kno how long it will take to come back on or will it possibly stay off forever

Bp14Baller
No idea. It will come on when the problem occurs again. Some codes have to occur twice to put the light on.

Wrenchtech
Alright thanks. I Remember it threw out a lean code, but I dont remember the exact code number, so I looked up lean code for ford focus, and it said it was a P0191, but im not sure if theres more then one lean code or not

Bp14Baller
That's not even a lean code

Wrenchtech
That what it said on the site that came with the diagnostic tool, but idk im no expert, thanks for the help though

Bp14Baller
You'd better get your money back on that code reader. PO191 is for a fuel pressure sensor circuit that is used with the variable pressure, computer controlled fuel pump.

Wrenchtech
Alright, well imma have a friend check out the MAFS and get them cleaned and see if that works, it deffenitly said that the car was running to lean, and I already had the vacuum lines checked. So hopefully its the MAFS, cause if not, im not really sure what else could be the cause of the car running to lean

Bp14Baller
I just told you that code does not mean it's running lean.

Wrenchtech