SPUTTERING AND LOSS OF POWER

2001 Ford Focus

Other Category problem
2001 Ford Focus 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 113711 miles

About a month ago, I let me car run VERY low on fuel. While on my way to the gas station, it starting sputtering and misfiring. After I filled the tank, it continued to sputtering anf lose power.
I cahnged out the fuel filter, didn't work. Meanwhile, I had a bullitin from Ford, saying the fuel pump may cause this problem. Ford replaced the fuel pump, she still sputters!
It is most prevalent when accerating to pass another vehicle, or when I change gears and the RPMS go down.
The Ford dealership recommended that I replace coils, and sensors but couldn't be sure what it is.
Pattywatters

After waiting for a response from this forum, I went ahead and changed out the plugs, wires, and lastly the coil pack. The coil pack was the fix! It now is back to normal, with great power and no sputtering.

I find in amazing that this post had over 100+ reads but no one replied.

Pattywatters
Sorry patty. We have thousands of requests for repair info and not many of us to answer them. We answer them as fast as possible and as accurately as possible. If there were a lot of people looking at post they either didnt have the answer or were just browsing. Next time if this happens you will just have to repost because you slipped through the crack. I would have suggested the same route of repair that fixed your car. Sorry

Mastertechtim
Hi Mastertechtim !

No Apologies necessary. I know the site is very busy and too few mechanics to answer everyone. I appreciate the forum, a place to get advice and a better understanding on my car.
I fixed the problem with my car for $111.00 when the dealership (my husband calls them STEALERSHIP) wanted $750.00 to do the same work!
Rest assured, I will be looking for more answers to my car when a problem arises!

Pattywatters