WHEN I HIT A BUMP IN THE ROAD THE FRONT TIRE JUMPS UP AND DOWN CAUSING THE TRUCK TO VIBRATE BADLY. THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THE TIRE FROM JUMPING IS TO

2001 Ford F-350 • 92,000 miles

When I hit a bump in the road the front tire jumps up and down causing the truck to vibrate badly. The only way to stop the tire from jumping is to almost come to a stop? I am noticing quite a bit of unevben wear on the passenger side tire and thr streering is pulling to the right. Im have had the shocks checked they seem to be fine. Is it the ball joint? Truck has 100k miles and has spend a lot of time at the dump which is very rough and bumpy.
Fordroe

The shock is definitely an issue. May look good but could be worn out. Get a shop to inspect the front end to tell you the worn parts needed to be replaced.

Did check shocks seemed to be funcioning adequatley. My research tells me to check/address 3 potential fixes: the TSB Front End Oscillation IIRC, Steering damper shock, or installing tighter steering box. There is a lot of discussion on the web cocerning this problem specific to F250-350. The was also a recomendation of installing air shocks? Any info you can provide regarding this info woukld be apresciated.

Fordroe
Steering shock could be an issue.

You need to have the rest of the suspension checked as well.

I still think the shocks can be an issue. They dont have to leak to be bad.