FORD EXPEDITION ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Ford Expedition • 160,000 miles

Changed 2 belts, and tension pully.
Engine still chirping. It's not constant. Sometimes
it changes with the weather. Sounds worse at 1100 - 1400 rpms. Truck idles around 900. Chirps no matter if the AC is on or not. Alternator is putting out fine. No check engine light comes on. All gauges indicate proper pressure, temperature, and voltage. Cannot figure it out and don't want to waste time and money on trial and error. Sounds like its coming from the center of the engine? Don't think it's the camshaft synchronizer as I don't hear the noise coming from near the fire wall on the driver side.I could be wrong though as I'm not a mechanic by any means. Any ideas?
Thanks very much.
G848

TWO ENGINES ARE AVAILABLE IN YOUR RIG

YOU FAILED TO LIST WHICH ONE

. NO BIGGIE !

I LOOKED UP BOTH. THIS IS THE SAME PART FOR BOTH

product_idler-pulley-(pulley-only)-dorman--techoice_10041702

DO YOU THINK MAYBE THE IDLER PULLEY MAY BE THE RACKET?

TAKE A 2-3 FOOT PIECE OF HEATER OR GARDEN HOSE----SHOVE ONE END IN YOUR EAR, USE THE OTHER END LIKE A STETHOSCOPE

GET IN CLOSE OR BEHIND THE PULLEY AND LISTEN

CAREFUL NOT TO GET THE HOSE TO CLOSE TO THE BELTS, AS IT WILL GET INSTANTLY SNATCHED INTO THE SYSTEM!---YOU MAY HURT YOURSELF---OR BREAK A MOVING PART OF YOUR ENGINE. SO WATCH THEM PESKY MOVING PARTS!

IF THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM---FEEL FREE TO CONTINUE TO USE THE CJ MEDEVAC-O-MATIC STETHOSCOPE TO FIND THE NOISE!

BE SURE TO RETURN HERE AND LET US KNOW THE DEAL. OTHERS READ THESE QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY VERY WELL. UNKNOWINGLY HELP SOMEONE ELSE

I knew I was forgetting something.
The '01 Expedition is a 4.6L V-8.
Thanks for the advice. And the link.
I'll check it out and get back.
Much appreciated.

G848
"A124" WORKED TODAY FOR A BUDDYI'M SURPRISED IT AIN'T EXPIRED YET......MAKING ME SEARCH OUT ANOTHER GOOD ONE ........IT'S BEEN "USABLE" FOR SOME TIME NOW

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

MAYBE THIS WILL AID YOU EVEN MORE....IF YOU CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND IT

I WISH 2CAR WOULD "PROMPT" ALL OF THE VEHICLE INFO (EVEN STUFF LIKE "LTD", "LX", "GT", ETC.) TO INCLUDE TRANNY TYPE

THIS SURE WOULD HELP OUT THE TECHS A BUNCH

KEEP US POSTED....GOOD LUCK.......................SHOULDA GOT A JEEP CJ!

Copy that. Will do.
Thanks a lot for the code.
I'll check it out.

G848
Well, mechanic checked my idle pulley, and it's no the problem.
Possibly my water pump. Going to remove the belt and check to see if it's engine related. Possibly worn, or failed thrust bearings on crank shaft. Which would really suck and cost mucho dinero.
"I'll be back".

G848
LET'S HOPE IT'S NOT TOO SERIOUS...........THERE'S ALWAYS THAT "NEW WRANGLER OPTION"

YOU KNOW YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED A JEEP SINCE YOU WERE A KID!

I HAVEN'T SET MY WATCH BACK UP YET, I ATE 75,000 PEANUT M+Ms AND A QUART OF MILK LAST NIGHT, WHILE ANSWERING QUESTIONS..................JUST THEN, 3 TUMS, GOSH ......I LIKE 'EM.......BUT I'M PAYING FOR IT NOW!

CHECK YOUR TENSIONER/ PULLEY TOO, MAKE SURE THERE'S NO "SIDEWAYS" MOTION IN THE ARM AND STANDING BACK LOOKING AT IT, IT IS "INLINE" WITH THE OTHER PULLEYS. WHILE IT'S RUNNING, IT'S NOT JUMPING OR BOUNCING. I SAW ONE WHERE SOMEONE HAD PRIED AGAINST ONE OF THE LARGE PULLEYS (DON'T REMEMBER WHY, OR WHICH ONE) AND THEY "EGGED" IT OUT OF ROUND. THE TENSIONER CONSTANTLY WAS IN MOTION, AFTER A WHILE IT WORE THE PIVOT AND SPRING THEN STARTED MAKING A RACKET.

INSURE PULLEY AND ALL ACCESSORY BOLTS ARE TIGHT, ANY SLOP IN A PART, MAY HAVE METAL SQUEAKING ON THE SHOULDER OF A LOOSE BOLT

......MYSTERY NOISES ARE FUN!

READ PAGE 1 AND 2 (I WAS CALLED A "SMARTY PANTS"......'MAGINE THAT!) I RECON THAT'S BETTER'N BEING A "DUMMY PANTS"---SEE THE LAST LINK I POSTED ON PAGE 2, MAYBE IT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2003-ford-taurus-brakes

KEEP US POSTED

PIC IS OF PULLEY THAT LOCKED UP---RAN TILL THE PULLEY MELTED AND SORTA "GLOBBED" UP WHERE THE BELT COULD NOT TOUCH IT ANY MORE