ACCESSORIES

2001 Ford Escort • 131,900 miles

Does the power port in a vehicle (for running accessories i.E cell phones, portable DVD players, etc) run off the battery or alternator?
KGetz

THAT'S SORTA A LOADED QUESTION

IT RUNS OFF OF BOTH WHEN THE ENGINE IS RUNNING

BUT JUST THE BATTERY WHEN THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING

I'M GUESSING THAT YOU ARE NOT GETTING POWER TO IT?

YOUR 5 YEAR OLD NIECE AIN'T DROPPED A PENNY DOWN IN IT?

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR FUSES?

LOOK DOWN IN THE HOLE W/ A LIGHT, IS IT INTACT. OR HAS THAT EVIL NIECE TWISTED YOUR ACCESSORY PLUG 'ROUND AND 'ROUND TILL IT SORTA CRUNCHED UP THE RECEPTACLE INSIDE?

HAVE YOU BEEN INSTALLING A RADIO, ETC, AND POSSIBLE PULLED THE WIRES OFF OF THE BACK OF THE RECEPTACLE?

IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH THE FUSES (CAN'T FIGURE 'EM OUT IN THE OWNERS MANUAL OR BY LOOKING AT THE FUSE BOX COVERS) LET ME KNOW, I'LL SEE IF I CAN CONJOR YOU UP A DIAGRAM

KEEP US INFORMED

No there is nothing wrong with it. I was just asking, that's all. Thank you though. How can it run off of both at the same time?

KGetz
THE ALTERNATOR IS A CHARGER THAT IS TIED TO THE BATTERY---WHILE THE ALTERNATOR IS PRODUCING VOLTS (WHILE RUNNING) IT FEEDS THE BATTERY. AND ANYTHING USING THE BATTERY FOR "JUICE"