I HAVE A AND JUST RECENTLY WHEN THE CAR IS DRIVEN, THE RIGHT SIDE GETS KIND OF BUMPY.

2001 Dodge Neon • 120,000 miles

Kind of like a flat tire feeling, but it's not flat at all. There's a bit of a clinking sound where the bumping is coming from, but from the outside, the car looks fine. The steering wheel also pulls to the right sometimes. I asked a family friend and they said I either needed an alignment or my tie rod replaced. Any ideas?
Pikalyn

Neither diagnosis is correct because those things won't cause those symptoms. I'd start by checking the front tires for a broken belt. Be careful because often very sharp ends of the wires from the steel belts will be sticking out and they really hurt if you poke your fingers. If you don't know how to check for a broken belt, have the car inspected at a tire and alignment shop.

I am not an expert but I get the clicking sound too (chrysler neon 2001 SE 5spd 2.0L). This happens whenever I make a leff turn and also when I have a rough or bumpy road. Last year I was told to replace the inner tie rod end which fixed the clicking sound problem.

I also came across other blog where they stated that the swaybar link bushing if worn out causes some clicking sounds too.

Hope this helps too.

RRV
Thanks for the information. I've run into a few tight inner tie rod ends years ago that caused a single crunching sound that would go away after driving a little ways. Packing the ball and sockets with grease solved those. Usually they get sloppy and sound the same as other clunking parts, and a thorough inspection is needed to identify them.