PAG OIL TYPE AND CAPACITIES

2001 Dodge Caravan • 170,000 miles

I am replacing a/c compressor. Factory manual says use nd-8 pag oil.

Auto stores have different pag type oils, pag 100, pag 150, pag 46, just pag. None of them say nd8 on it though. Which one is the right one for my van.

I will also be replacing other components of the system as well, expansion valve, drier etc. Do I put oil in each component separately or add up all capacities and put it in compressor and it will get circulated when compressor runs.
Alexv55

ND8 use PAG 46 did compressor come oiled? Was system flushed? Is there a rear unit?

Docfixit
The compressor is on its way so I am not sure if it is going to come oiled. I am assuming it will.

The system hasn't been flushed because only the clutch went. The oil in the old compressor is clean and I can see the cylinders move when rotating manually.

The van has rear a/c.

Alexv55
7.4 oz total pour oil out of comp and measure if 7.4 no need to add if less add oil to accumulator to equal 7.4

Docfixit