NOT STARTING.

2001 Daewoo Lanos • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 165,000 miles

01 daewoo lanos cranks, will not start. Will a failed ignition switch cause this.
Suec

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Will the Cam Pos Sensor or Crank Sensor throw a check engine light if they are bad? Also, I noticed my timing belt doesnt turn while cranking the engine. The belt is tight.

Suec
Are you talking about the drive belts or the timing belt inside the front engine cover?

The timing belt inside the left front engine cover between the drive belt and the block. I replaced the valve cover gasket, and none of the valves look completely open, some partially open and some closed. If it is the timing belt, should I expect valvue and or piston damage?

Suec