HAD CODES P0171 AND P0174

2001 Chevrolet Suburban • 136,000 miles

I also had codes p0171 and p0174 so I looked at the intake gaskets and replaced them, also a few vacuum line elbows that I found cracked that went from the fuel pressure regulator to the air intake. And those codes have not come back.
Thomasstuckey

102 is a mass air flow code. The 400 series are evap codes.

How does it run?

Are all connections good at the mass air flow? Is the big hose to the air filter tight and secure?

With the MAF connected it would start fine then about 10 to 15 seconds the RPM's would decrease and it sounded like it was ready to stall but really just run rough. The air filter intake hose is secure the connection look good, i've got good PWR in 14VDC and a solid ground, from the signal side with the truck running I get about 5.04VDC. I didn't get the 400 series codes until I changed the MAF. When I disconnect the MAF it runs perfect with no issues.

Thomasstuckey
Most likely the sensor is bad.

So you think that the new sensor I put was just bad?

Thomasstuckey
Possible. Why did you replace it

Because I got the 102 code after replacing the intake gaskets for codes 171 and 174.

Thomasstuckey
Did you try the old mass air flow? Since you replaced the gaskets, the sensor may not have been bad, just unable to overcome the vacuum leak

I changed the MAF after taking care of the other elbows and gasket

Thomasstuckey
Ok, did you put the old one back on?

Nope I did a one for one so no $65 core charge

Thomasstuckey