CANNOT REMOVE FRONT DRIVE SHAFT

2001 Chevrolet Silverado • 13,000 miles

Stuck in 4lo, trying to replace TC motor, Got the brackets off but the front of the drive shaft will not come down.
Zebuesk

There should be a two yokes, one on the driveshaft, the other on the differential, connected by a U-joint. This U-joint is secured to the differential yoke by 2 U-bolts. Scribe a line on the top of one of the U-joints across the yoke. Remove the 2 nuts on each U-bolt and slide the driveshaft away from the differential and out.

Rivermikerat
Ya I have the u bolts off, but I cant budge the driveshaft towards the TC at all I've pried as hard as I can but it will not move. Is it a problem that I am in 4LOW? Is this the reason why I cant pull the drive shaft back towards the TC?

Zebuesk
I don't think so. You could try shifting it into neutral, but I doubt that's the problem.

Rivermikerat
I did try it in neutral. Any other Ideas. I appreciate the help

Zebuesk
Try rotating the driveshaft to aid removal. If the front yoke can be taken apart, try that.

Rivermikerat