REPLACED BATTERY NOW WILL NOT START

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo • 124,000 miles

2001 Monte Carlo with 124000 miles. First the amp guage quit working. At the same time the door lock switches quit, and the compressor on the air conditioner quit. The car would start and run fine but the check engine and the security lght would flash on dash. I checked the alternator and it was working fine. The parts store said there was a bad cell in the battery, replaced it now it will not start at all. The system lights but it will not turn over at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Klr42

So you have a new fully charged battery?So the starter is inop?Is the security light on solid or flashing while the key is on?Any codes in the computer?

The security light flashes from securtiy to a soild red battery light. Could not find any codes in computer.

Klr42
If the security light is on thats why it wont start. Also does the starter work?

Full battery charge. Double checked fuses. Starter is ok.
Is there a way to reset the security system? I unhooked the battery for about an hour to see if the system might reset.
When I Hooked it back up nothing changed but I did notice the
check engine light is now on so I figure There might be codes in the computer. I don't have access to a reader till late next week.

Klr42
Give what I posted a try.

Tried what you sent and the indicator light does not go off. Does the car need to be running to check for codes? Do you have any more ideas?

Klr42
It doesnt need to be running to read codes. You could check for spark actual fuel pressure and for injector pluse.

I know it's been awhile but I finally got it running so I thought I would let you know what it was. I had it towed to an electrical shop. They had experience with this problem before and within 1 hour I was told it was the Body Control Module located under the dash. The module controls all the inner workings of the car. It Cost me $593.00. They had it ready the next day. Not bad considering a dealership would have probably cost twice as much. Pass this information on to all who might need it and thanks for your help.

Klr42
Thanks for sharing that with us makes perfect sense I have had plenty of bad bcms cause no starts.