INTERMITTANT WARM AIR BLOWING FROM REAR CENTER CONSOLE PASSENGER VENTS WHEN AC IS ON.

2001 Cadillac Catera • 57,000 miles

When the AC is on the rear vents will blow conditioned cold air for approximately 40 minutes. Then the air to the rear vents turns ff and begins to blow warn to hot air. I took it to a dealer and I was told there is no automatic vent control to the rear vents, only a duct that runs from the front of the passengr to the rear vents and it may be deteriorated. If the duct is deteriorated then how could it blow air at all? I'm not an automotive expert, but I believe that some damper in the system control is operating to allow the AC air to flow and somehow reverting to warm air. Otherwise the AC works great. Thanks for the input!
Len123

I think they mean the duct may have holes in it and the heat from under the car radiates up into the car and warms up the air. Makes sense.

Pull the front center carpet. Check the duct there to be disconnected. Then go to the rear and look in the middle of the front seats youll see the duct to the vents make sure its hooked up

Cadieman