STRANGE NEW NOISE BETWEEN BACK OF ENGINE AND FIRE WALL

2001 Audi TT • 71,230 miles

1.8 tt I recently changed the timing belt, water pump, belt tentioner and pully, thermostat with housing. I start the engine and no problem drove it around to get the new antifreeze into the block then topped it off agian. When the engine warms up I get a loud noise coming from the back of the engine. I thought it was from the power steering fluid, I topped that off. I know I did the timing belt correctly because I hand cranked it at the crank shaft pulley 4 times around (no noticable metal hitting each other)I set the cam at the cam timing mark and counted the 68 teeth to the crank pulley as discribed in bently. Marked the belt and installed. Noise goes away when I accelerate from idle while sitting in the driveway. I thought that I may have the timing belt rubbing the cover but thats not it. Could I have air in the power sterring system?
Jarhead56

If there is air in system the fluid will be foamy. Most cars takes a couple days for air to completely work it's way out.

Fixitmr
I didnt have any kind of foam when I topped off the power steering it was a little low. The sound Im hearing its like its coming from the area where the air induction goes in. But only when the engine is at normal operating temp. After I put the new timing belt on I started the engine but I still had part of the intake manifold apart in the right wheel well. Could this have cause a problem? I really neeed to figure this out cause it sounds terrible

Jarhead56
Record a video of the noise / area of concern & post on YouTube, then post the link here.

Thomas

Exovcds
Hey Jarhead, ex-squid here. Have you pinpointed the exact location where the noise is coming from? A 2-3 foot length of tubing can be an awesome diagnostic tool when trying to locate strange noises.

Rivermikerat