CAR WILL NOT HOLD REVS WHEN I START IT SO JUST CUTS PUT.

2000 Peugeot 206 • 120,000 miles

Peugeot 206 year 2000 1400cc. The car has been actin up for past week or so, not holding the revs wen I first start it then after five times or so it seems to be ok, but now when I start it it will not hold the revs watsoever so just cuts out. Do you have any ideas wat could be causing this?
Brucewayne1

Check fuel pressure.

Start there

Check for trouble codes. Seems the idling system is not functioning correctly and the cold start is not increasing the idling speed when engine is started.

How would I check fuel pressure?
If it is idling prob wat wud need be replaced? Thanks for help guys.

Brucewayne1
If it is an idling problem, cleaning the throttle body and IAC might help but you need to be checking for trouble codes first.

Did you try keeping the engine running with a little pressure on the gas pedal?

Yes I tried keeping engine running with acc pedal and this was working all last week up until today when it seems just will not hold revs long enough to go anywhere.

Brucewayne1
Ok, so it is the idle control system that is out. Get the throttle body and IAC cleaned and retest. Check for trouble codes as well.

Ok I will tryvthanks alot you have made much clearer for me. Is it possible to clean the throttle body myself? Is it difficult job?

Brucewayne1
Is cleaning throttle body and iac a difficult job? Is it possible to do myself?

Brucewayne1