OVERHEATING

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 114,000 miles

I own a 2000 olds intrigue 114k. Cars runs well. After car is warm, temperature gauge is at tne normal mark. Gauge will slowly start to climb. If I give it a shot of gas the gauge goes back to normal, only for it to start to climb slowly again, Lots of heat coming form the inside hearters. If I don't give it the gas shot the gauge will continue to climb until it overheats.
George frigault

First make sure coolant level is full, also the reservoir, if low then fill. By giving it that shot of gas as you call it, allows the water pump to circulate more which would force into radiator which would cool it some what unless coolant level is real low. Also check the fan operation, I assume electric, possible temp sensor not turning fan on. If none of the above have water pump checked.

Craigss1013
If you are getting low on coolant have this pressure checked for leaks. You may have a head gasket leaking or something else leaking. Unplug the fan next and when it'shot put your hand on different areas on the radiator, if you feel cold spots then you need either a recore or anew radiator. I am assuming thermostat has been checked and vehicle has been checked for leaks as well.