I HAVE A 200GSI 2000MODEL. I CHANGED MY BELTS AND EVER SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY POWER STEERING. I TENSIONED THE BELTS BUT AFTER A FEW DRIVES THE PROBLEM RESURFACED AGAIN. THE STEERING GETS HARD WHEN I HAVE TO MAKE SHAR

2000 Nissan Primera • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 238,000 miles

I have a Nissan Primera 200Gsi 2000Model. I changed my belts and ever since then I have been having problems with my power steering. I tensioned the belts but after a few drives the problem resurfaced again. The steering gets hard when I have to make sharp turns and when the car is adling I cannot turn the steering. It feels as if the wheel is rubbing against the belts when I turn the steering wheel
Cofa Mjimba

Is the belt coming loose? Is there anything contaminating the belt such as engine coolant, P/S fluid? If it works when you tighten the belt for a few times, that leads me to believe it is coming loose.