THE CALIPER GUIDE PINS WITH RUBBER SLEAVES IS ALWAYS STUCK IN POSITION AND TROUBLESOME TO REMOVE. WHY CAN NOT IT BE STRAIGHT METAL SHANK ?

2000 Nissan Maxima • 104,000 miles

I removed the stuck pins by using slegehammer and large screw driver and then relubricated the shank of the pins. However I do not know how long that will last until it will be stuck in position again(it should have slight freedom of movement). Why is the rubber sleave so necessary and can I modify the rubber part so that I will not have it stuck in position or become hard to remove in the future? Your answer to my question will be gratefully appreciated. My other cars do not have this rubber sleave features in the guide pin shanks and are NEVER hard to remove.
Anthony shoan

Gt some silicone lube to put on the pinsso they slide easily in the position. It has a higher heat resistance. Otherwise the heat from teh brakes will cause the same problem.