TRUNK NOT WORKIN

2000 Mercedes Benz S430 • 99,000 miles

Trunk mechanism locking before trunk is all the way close fob or door switch wont open it, only the metal key will
Bazzimoto

Is this a remote closing system?

Mhpautos
No I close manually and before it closes the lock locks and light goes out, fob opens it then, and then I close it quickly

Bazzimoto
The only thing I can see in the electrics is a control module that operates the locking mechanism, but that alone would not fail and cause this problem, I would be checking the loom from the lock down the boot hinge looking foe a point that may have been damaged and when you close to a given point the short causes the lock to activate.

Mhpautos
What is loom and what is boot hinge
, it was working then it just stopped, I tried the key metal key but the lock wont stay locked to left or right in order for valet use or for me to put trunk in remote control mode

Bazzimoto
Loom is that section of the wiring harness. It will either be wrapped with black electrical tape, or have a black plastic cover.

Rivermikerat