MAZDA PROTEGE HEATER PROBLEM

2000 Mazda Protege • 175,000 miles

My heater is blowing cold air. Any suggestions on what it could be? Does the heater have a fuse. Coolant is ok
Frankbel

Is the engine warming up to a normal operating temp? Have you checked to see if both heater core hoses are getting hot? If they are, have you checked the blend air door?

The hoses are warm and the door moves when I change settings

Frankbel
If the hoses are hot and the blend air door is working, you should get heat. Are you sure they are hot and not just warm? Does the engine warm up to a normal operating temp?

The hoses are warm. The engine is warming. Does it have a fuse?

Frankbel
There is no fuse for the actual heat. It is produced by the engine heating the coolant and then circulating it through the heater core. After that, the only thing that will stop heat (if everything is heating normally) is the blend air door.

So the actual heater core shouldnt be bad.I thought it had elements that heated up

Frankbel
No, the heater core is like a small radiator that gets hot with coolant in it. If both hoses are getting hot, then you have circulation through it.

Ok thank you for your answers. Ill recheck everything. Thank you

Frankbel
Glad to help. Let me know what you find so I can direct you.

I will thank you.I will have to check it tomorrow.I greatly appreciate your help. Thankyou for responding so prompt. : )

Frankbel