HOW DO I REMOVE AN AIR COMPRESSOR FOR A TOWNCAR?

2000 Lincoln Town Car • 200,000 miles

I need to replace the air compressor on a 2000 Lincoln Towncar.
I can't figure out how to get to the 2 tiedown bolts on the front of the compressor. Everything else is fairly easy.

HomerL

Removal & Installation

1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove screws and reposition washer fluid reservoir aside. Remove 2 screws from rear of right fender apron and reposition apron out of way. Disconnect harness connector
from its retainer on blower motor.
2. Disconnect snap lock connector from blower motor. Remove blower motor housing tube from blower motor. Remove 3 screws from blower motor mounting plate and remove blower motor. To install,  reverse
removal procedure.

BLOWER MOTOR SPEED CONTROLLER

Removal & Installation

Disconnect blower motor speed controller harness connector. Remove screws and remove blower motor speed controller from cowl panel. To install,  reverse removal procedure.

COMPRESSOR

NOTE: When A/C compressor is replaced,  accumulator drier should also be replaced.

You gave me the information on another model or year. My Air compressor is located on the left side under the Air Cleaner just behind the LEFT headlight. The bolts holding the compressor can only be accessed from under the fender well. I need to know how to do this. Thank you

HomerL
I rechecked for the year given and these are the correct instructions for your car. If you need to get under the fender well tehre will eithr be small bolts or push pins that can rbe removed to take the small apanel out to gain access to the a/c. What is the production date of your vehicle. It shold be on teh door post or door. It is the same for 2001 and 1999.