DELAY AT START UP

2000 Lincoln LS • 14,000 miles

2000 Lincoln LS, when I turn the key to start up, there is a 1 second delay before it will start, then it will start right up and run with no problems.

Bigorangesob

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs with a gauge-start here and then let me know what the fuel pressure reading is-

Haven't had the chance to check the fuel pressure yet, been working, but this morning on our local tv station, they have a guy from our local Lincoln dealer who answers questions and he said since there is nothing else going on with the car to check the ignition, what do you think

Bigorangesob
I want the fuel pressure before I can continue-Sorry -I'm not in the guessing department and also a jounalist- I need that info if you want me to help you out-

Ok, the wife was out today, she called saying it would not start, the had sat for about 45 mins. As I was talking to her she tried it and it started, hasn't done it the rest of the day, so I had her take it buy Advance to test the batt, which is rated 650 and was measuring 670, also the starter and altanator were fine, as well as the charging system, I took it by a friends house after work and the fuel pressure was about 40

Bigorangesob
Check and test the engine coolant temperature sensor-