DRIVER'S SIDE FRONT WHEEL SQUEAK

2000 Jaguar S-Type • 125,000 miles

Very noticeable squeak in front wheel area when car is moving, or when pushing down on the fender. Very little movement when trying to do so. It also squeaks when turning the steering wheel. Does not pull to the left or right when driving, and tires are wearing evenly. My thought is maybe the shock has become immobilized if that's possible. Power steering reservoir full with no leaks in hoses. Belts tight.
Dchrys

Check sway bar bushings. Also, shock mounts.

Very annoying right? Our 2001 s type just started this same exact description about a week ago and after research I thought it was the steering rack needing the additive, after doing that procedure without success I got under the car tonight and discovered it is the lower ball joint on driver side. Ordered a new one and will replace it next week, will keep you updated but you should have yours checked out or check it yourself.

Pyrometric
Thanks for the responses. Now I can put a name to the parts. Hope you have success, pyrometric.

Dchrys
It wasn't long after I received your answers before I placed the car in storage for the winter. I finally took it to a reputable repairman recently and both of your answers were correct. The sway bar bushings and the lower ball joint had to be replaced. The good news is it only took one day and they didn't charge me the price of a new car for their work. Thanks a million Jacobandnickolas and prometric.

Dchrys