ACCELERATOR PEDAL

2000 Jaguar S-Type • 120,000 miles

How do I remove and replace the Accelerator pedal on my car? I had a few problems before with it going into fail safe mode. My mechanic read the codes and said that there were a few codes relating to the throttle pedal. He cleared the codes and it was good for a few weeks but now it is back and worse than before.
Dcarmicheal

Do you know what the actual fault codes are, as it may be a pedal position sensor or a throttle motor problem.

Mhpautos
I do not know the codes. The mech just said that there were codes relating to the accelerator pedal. Today it went into "crawl" mode and would not respond to any throttle input at all. I put WD40 on the throttle body butterfly and a few of the cannon plugs leading to the throttle body and was at least able to drive it. However, I noticed that the yellow engine fail safe light still comes on when I push the accelerator pedal and goes off when I release it and push the brake pedal almost every time.

Dcarmicheal
I do need the codes to see what is wrong.

Mhpautos