HI I HAVE 3.0 DOCH TURBO I HAVE RCENTLY HAD FLYWHEEL CHANGED BUT IT SAT IDL FOR 6 MONTHS AND IT WAS RUNNING PERFECT BEFORE FLYWHEEL WENT

2000 Isuzu Trooper

Hi I have 3.0 doch turbo isuzu trooper I have rcently had flywheel changed but it sat idl for 6 months and it was running perfect before flywheel went when I got it back I had an issue, when I start it on a morning it idles fine with a little white smoke if I thn rev it it clears but if I then immediately press the clutch it bellows out white smoke then if I rev it holding clutch down it misfires and bellows out the smoke again, so when I set off up the road in first gear when I accelerate it's like there is reduced power but its building up inside it then a big puff of white smoke the engine releases and away she goes same thing happens in second and third and then not as bad in fourth and by fith gears its running smooth, this happens all day at every junction hot r cold but it runs fine sometime then not but fifth gear always seems ok and if I just cruising through town in third r fourth with steady revs it constantly shudders and the odd puff of white smoke now this process seems to be getting worse weekly, can someone please tell me if this is air flow meter sensors or splitters in the sum causing injector issues as I am not loosing oil or water so it not water on the head or anything I dont think also fuel lines look ok so I don't think she taking in air at this end either so its def fuel related but is it electrical sensor issues of fuel sensor issues
Vanpearls

Check for a bad head gasket, have a pro pressure check this. Check fuel pressure and scan for codes.

Hi thanks, if I had bad head gasket would I not have water in the oil or engine boiling and would my problem not be more consistent like be smokey all the time and in fifth gear and be running rough all the time also no

Vanpearls
Head gasket can leak inside the engine outside the engine and inside the cylinder. But if you aren't using coolant then it probably isn't the head gasket. But you could have a leaky injector, a vacuum leak or low fuel pressure or all of what I just mentioned. That's why I said to check fuel pressure and scan for codes as well.

If the oil and oil filters needed changing would I get same symptoms no

Vanpearls
No one thing I didn't read in this was that this is aturbo motor, your turbo could have a bad seal in it dumping oil in it. Have this professionally looked at, it kind of seems youare trying to diagnose this yourself.

No sorry i'm not but I have had a good few mechanics look at it but can't sort it and have told me a few of the above they think its not that's why I just mentioned it. But anyway if it was dumping oil in should I notice a drop off in oil level on a morning when I did it then?

Vanpearls
When I dip it even or would it give me the same symptoms with the smallest amount thanks

Vanpearls
Sorry one other thing I haven't changed oil but it was running fine before the flywheel was changed but if the oil was wrong would it white smoke also the oil pressure on the dash drops off way below the 85 mid mark and when I accelerate it comes up but just bearly up as far as the 85 mark so have I low oil pressure do you think if so why might I have this and how can I fix thanks

Vanpearls
Also I'm not sure if it's the right oil to as I just bought it a month before the flywheel went

Vanpearls
The oil pressure can be due to several things, like a bad oil filter ofor one thing. Fram can be a big culprit to that from my experience so I never use them nor reccomend them. You do need the right oil an dyou might not see a drop off inoil until a little while after teh white smoke on several occasions. However not being able to see this vehicle I can offer no other suggestions. Keep an eye on your fluid levels though and that should give you a good indication of what may be wrong. You keep thinking of oil for some reason I dont' know why. I told you first thing to check fuel pressure because you have a misfire, that can cause misfires. Also check for vacuum leaks. I have already said to do that.